Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy. Beer with me while I tweak everything
It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:28 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: PStwo Game Save Help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Work usually
I have just bought a PStwo (Slimline model) so please don't blast me for being dumb.

I started playing FFX-2 last night, no problems. Saved my game onto the brand new, official 8Mb memory card

Then tonight, my wife started playing Breath of Fire 4 for the PS1. After loading, it said no memory card can be found.
I checked the card and there's loads of room left on the card.

How can she save her game?

_________________
Image

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:32 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
Offline

Posts: 555
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Ontario
I'm pretty sure you need a PS1 memory card, as the methods of saving on each one are different.

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: Work usually
From GameFAQS:

You can't save PS1 games on a PS2 or PStwo.
PS1 memory cards will not work at all

:cry: I now need to take my game back to the store and demand they exchange it for a PS2 game of equal value

_________________
Image

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:42 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
Offline

Posts: 555
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Ontario
Hmm? I'm pretty sure I could work a PS1 memory card on the PS2.....the backwards compatibility is pointless without being able to save. Then again, maybe I'm remembering wrong, I'll try mine later.

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:17 pm
Location: Right here
arogance1 wrote:
From GameFAQS:

You can't save PS1 games on a PS2 or PStwo.
PS1 memory cards will not work at all

:cry: I now need to take my game back to the store and demand they exchange it for a PS2 game of equal value
<_<...>_> That's one area where GameFAQs is wrong. :o You can save PS1 games on a PS2 using a PS1 memory card. (I know because I do it). If they changed the PStwo so you can't do it, that'd be like going backwards in technology, and would be really stupid. So yeah, just buy a PS1 memory card and use it rather than a PS2 memory card. Also, make sure it's in slot 1.

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:03 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior
Offline

Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:58 am
Website: http://www.geocities.com/urthdigger
Yahoo Messenger: urthdigger
Location: Seattle, WA
You can save PS1 games using a PS1 memory card on your PS2, I've done it a lot. You can also transfer your save file from a PS1 memory card to a PS2 memory card, but aside from archiving purposes this is useless as you can't load it until you move it back to a PS1 memory card.

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 5797
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:42 am
Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Your system may just be having trouble reading the memory card, mine does that as well (sometimes). But yes, you can save PS games on the PS2 using a PS memory card.

_________________
Image
CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler
Offline

Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:03 pm
Location: online
My little sister bought barbie explororeror... whatever

and it didnt work.

BY THE WAY THAT GAME STINKS DONT BUY IT UNLESS YOU LIKE BARBIE AND STINK AT GAMES!

_________________
A&A&A&A&A&A&A&A&A root beer. what? it has caffieene?...


Top
 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited