Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy. Beer with me while I tweak everything
It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:18 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Soul Calibur 3!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:10 pm
Location: Ontario
Woah.

It looks awesome, and character creation!? That is just so cool. I will buy this game, no matter what, at least it is coming out this year, probaly late this year though.

Hands-on: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/soul ... 21001.html
Trailer: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/soul ... media.html
Screenshots: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/soul ... index.html
Gamespace: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/soul ... index.html

Is anyone else excited?

_________________
Image
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1559
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:09 pm
Location: Super BOWL XL
Not a big fan of fighting games but will play this.

_________________
ImageImage19 Points!


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:52 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 5797
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:42 am
Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Heh,I saw this in my GamePro magazine (which I've gotten free for 3 years o_o). Looks awesome, but is only exclusive to PS2. I was kind of mad when I read that SCII was evidently a failure. So many people were talking and still talk about it that I can't believe such a thing. *is blinded*

Anyway, I can't wait to play this, of course I have to wait until the end of the year (fall). ;_;

_________________
Image
CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1188
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:40 am
Location: rading Farmer Ottos chicken coop...
Looks good, one problem: No Gamecube version!

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 1529
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:18 am
Only on the ps2? :cry: But I love II so much and III looks so cool.

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:53 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior
Offline

Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:39 pm
Location: Who wants to know?
I am REALLY ticked about the exclusive thing. II sold the best on the Cube and that's only because Link was in it. And who has the fewest owners? That's right, Gamecube. This is dumb and Namco knows it. I was really hoping to play as maybe Ganondorf. I guess I'lll just have to get over it and get it for PS2. *mega sigh*

_________________
Image


Last edited by rbpnmn on Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:55 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:04 pm
Website: http://www2.phpbb-host.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=runanites&sid=b2c80b5019c892514b1b7be46e92d48a
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

That killed me inside.
*Kicks Gamecube*

_________________
Image
Awesome Set By WIS


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:10 pm
Location: Ontario
Haha, I love my PS2. *hugs it*

_________________
Image
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:04 pm
Website: http://www2.phpbb-host.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=runanites&sid=b2c80b5019c892514b1b7be46e92d48a
sir_michael wrote:
Haha, I love my PS2. *hugs it*
Lucky Ducky.

_________________
Image
Awesome Set By WIS


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:29 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student
Offline

Posts: 353
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:42 am
fighting games tend to get boring but SCII was ok


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:01 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student
Offline

Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:46 am
rbpnmn wrote:
I am REALLY ticked about the exclusive thing. II sold the best on the Cube and that's only because Link was in it. And who has the fewest owners? That's right, Gamecube. This is dumb and Namco knows it. I was really hoping to play as maybe Ganondorf. I guess I'lll just have to get over it and get it for PS2. *mega sigh*
Yea I can see it now, Ganondorf for Gamecube, Dante for PS2, and Master Chief (Haha :P) for Xbox. Although I couldn't figure what his weapon would be other then the Energy Sword...


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:15 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior
Offline

Posts: 758
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:51 pm
Website: http://www.fanfiction.net/~garon604
Location: Farther Away
I played the arcade version of II before... it was, errr, interesting...

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:42 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:04 pm
Website: http://www2.phpbb-host.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=runanites&sid=b2c80b5019c892514b1b7be46e92d48a
Tyrannitar wrote:
I played the arcade version of II before... it was, errr, interesting...
I love the arcade versions.

_________________
Image
Awesome Set By WIS


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1188
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:40 am
Location: rading Farmer Ottos chicken coop...
rbpnmn wrote:
I am REALLY ticked about the exclusive thing. II sold the best on the Cube and that's only because Link was in it. And who has the fewest owners? That's right, Gamecube. This is dumb and Namco knows it. I was really hoping to play as maybe Ganondorf. I guess I'lll just have to get over it and get it for PS2. *mega sigh*


Same thing I was wondering, there probably doing this as few months of exclusivitisity to PS2 then maybe portin g it to Gamecube and beyond, I could of coarse be wrong...oh yeah and I love that laser shooting Reggie in your sig. :P

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:18 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 5797
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:42 am
Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
rbpnmn wrote:
I am REALLY ticked about the exclusive thing. II sold the best on the Cube and that's only because Link was in it. And who has the fewest owners? That's right, Gamecube. This is dumb and Namco knows it. I was really hoping to play as maybe Ganondorf. I guess I'lll just have to get over it and get it for PS2. *mega sigh*
Maybe they don't want to be known for only being able to sell their product because of a famous face, probably the only reason it sold well on GC. At least on the PS2 and somewhat on the XBox they didn't use a character that was going to make or break the game's sales. Heihachi and Spawn aren't as well known in the gaming world (while they are still huge) as Link. Selling games based solely on a single crutch (in this case exclusive characters) is actually a stupid move to make. While they know people are going to buy it for such a laughable reason, the game could easily be known for that or, if it flops, the game is a failure.

I think they were right for keeping exclusive characters from these games and I can see why it's not on the Gamecube (had the worst controls of the three platforms for this game IMO). Perhaps it could be on the XBox, but it will sell best on the PS2 (I haven't seen a fighter that hasn't, save Dead or Alive.). They know what they're doing, they are business professionals. Probably learning from old mistakes, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

_________________
Image
CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o


Top
 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited