Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy. Beer with me while I tweak everything
It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:00 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:11 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 8715
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:10 pm
Website: http://abelha-rainha.deviantart.com
Location: Cleveland, Georgia
Now, if you don't know this, I am a dedicated Linspire user. Linspire is a desktop Linux. You can find out more at http://www.linspire.com

Well, today. When I tried to boot it up, after my Number Lock turned off, like always, my Caps Lock and Scroll Lock began blinking. I thought maybe it was just a quirk, turned it off, and tried a second time. Same thing. I remember that I'd be having problems with stuff not loading and crashing (the worst was yesterday, when my kPanel crashed -- kPanel is the equivalent to a start bar), so I did a diagnostic. I received a "Kernel Panic" message (and received the same message when doing a Redetect). Now, I do know enough about Linux to know that if "Kernel" and "Panic" are in the same sentence, it's usually not good.

Well, my dad investigated today. A "Kernel Panic", also known as a "Hard Panic" is the final error message, proving that Linux is not loading and will not load until you change your operating system (it's going to become a Linspire Five-O machine when I take my CAT test today). What happened was a driver had some how corrupted, and Linspire didn't load.

So, for now. I am stuck on evil Windows. <_<
I can't wait until I have it back. ^^;;

Rant over. :D

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 5276
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:45 pm
Website: http://web.me.com/skynetmain/Main_Site/Welcome.html
Yahoo Messenger: skynetmain
Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Does this mean DM go bye-bye? :( Or just that she'll know the pain of Windows like the rest of us? :(

Remember, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I hope your computer get resurrected as soon as possible :hug:

_________________
Image
Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:01 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 8715
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:10 pm
Website: http://abelha-rainha.deviantart.com
Location: Cleveland, Georgia
Noes, DM don't go bye-bye. DM say bye-bye to Linspire. Turns out our video card, which was dying, it's drivers corrupted for Linspire, and Linspire runs off of the video card since it doesn't have a registry. So, until we get a new one, I must deal with Windows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel#Kernel_panic

Don't know how much that'll say (for people wanting to know about Kernel Panics).
All I know is I miss Subeta. <_< And Neo. OH, GEEZ. I still need to try to remember my password.

We tried installing Five-O and it didn't work either. n_n

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 2364
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:19 pm
Website: http://www.speculationcentral.com
Yahoo Messenger: DFire870
Location: Austin, Texas
You could always get Ubuntu. :P

I haven't personally installed it on any of the computers we have (I want to do a dual-boot, but I don't feel like reformatting my hard drive), but I did a test drive and it's nice.

_________________
Image

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!


Top
 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited